Wednesday 17 October 2012

Sando Dark

Sando Dark is an 8.8% beer produced by the Millers Brewery in Meegoda, Sri Lanka.

Photo - Paul Evans

The beer is a deep mahogany colour, with a thin, short lasting white head.  The aroma is of rich malts, raisins and currants, with a definite hint of whisky barrels.


Photo - Paul Evans

This beer has a strong alcohol bite at first which warms the mouth like a dram of whisky would.  The strong flavours fade to a fullsome maltiness, very reminiscent of a Belgian Abbey beer.

There are flavours of fruit cake, dried prunes with a pungent whisky aftertaste.


Photo - Paul Evans

I'm not too sure what to make of this beer. At first I though it was excellent, but the invading whisky flavours became too intrusive the more I drank of it.  It also gave me a nasty headache the following day. I do quite like the rather ludicrous branding though, so i'll give it an extra mark just for that.

2*

No comments:

Post a Comment