Wednesday 11 July 2012

Homebrew

I was recently given a bottle of home brewed elderflower wine by a  work colleague to try. My only experience of homebrew was when I was 12 years old and had a sneaky few sips at an older mate's house.  It ended up, along with the rest of the contents of my guts, all over my Gran's kitchen floor. Things, surely, can only get better.

Photo - Paul Evans

The wine's appearance was cloudy, reminiscent of real lemonade, with a few bubbles indicating a very light carbonation.  The aroma was of sweet elderflower, and fresh like a summer garden.

It tasted very sweet, with a nice elderflower and lychee flavour.  There's a mild bitterness to add balance and to remind you that you're not drinking a can of pop.

I've no idea how strong it was, but after two glasses I was definitely starting to wobble. Nevertheless, it was really rather good.

No comments:

Post a Comment